Malawi illuminated!

"CLTS yabweretsa mgwirizano"- CLTS has brought togetherness

Monday, July 12, 2010

mousey, my furry companion.

I’ve got a friend, he sleeps with me
Takes rest in my hair and on my knee
I wish I could say he was my spouse
But sadly, he is a mouse.

I hear him in the rafters and on the floor
Sometimes he eats the sugar, then he eats some more
I still don’t know how he gets into my net
But I’m proud to call him my pet

My family buys mice, boiled and dried
They bite the heads right off, I can hear the mice cry
They offer it up, I say I’m a herbivore
I think of mousey and it makes me sore

I wish I could stand for the freedom of the mice
I’d say “mice, one and all, the humans aren’t nice,
Beware of their tactics they’ll getcha! It’s true!”
I just hope mousey escapes the chew.

2 comments:

Engineers Without Borders Canada - Ingenieurs Sans Frontieres Canada
University of Guelph Chapter
Copyright 2010

The views on this blog are entirely my own and do not represent the views of EWB Canada.