Malawi illuminated!

"CLTS yabweretsa mgwirizano"- CLTS has brought togetherness

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Arrived in Malawi

Muli Bwanji family and friends!!!

We've arrived in Malawi and it is unbelievably beautiful here. It is
true when they call it the warm heart of Africa. We're staying at a
hostel called the Golden Peacock and doing the last of our training.
We had a session this morning on learning Chichewa (Muli Bwanji?- How
are you?, Ndili Bwanji.-I am good, Sugulabwino- Have a good day...)

We spent the afternoon at the market in Lilongwe bartering for flip
flops, work shoes and cell phones. Mom, i found a nice pair of work
shoes for 500 Kwacha= $3.60! I have a cell phone but am in the process
of figuring out how talk time works and how I can get the best deal
for international phone calls.

My co-workers and I are having an amazing time and can't stop smiling.
I have so much to tell you. I will write it all in my next blog post,
but I only have a 10 minutes before dinner starts and I wanted you all
to know that I'm safe and happy.

I'll post my phone number this evening along with much more!

I hope you are all doing very well.
love, peace and nshima,
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engineers Without Borders Canada - Ingenieurs Sans Frontieres Canada
University of Guelph Chapter
Copyright 2010

The views on this blog are entirely my own and do not represent the views of EWB Canada.